Ohio Small Claims Courts
Created by FindLaw's team
of legal writers and editors.
In Ohio, Revised Code 1925.01 establishes that civil claims for $3,000 or less may be filed in the small claims division within all municipal and county courts. This court has very simple rules which allow parties to resolve disputes without hiring an attorney. However, attorneys are permitted to represent parties if desired.
- Ohio Courts From the Supreme Court of Ohio.
- Akron Municipal Court Offers basic information on small claims filing.
- Berea Municipal Court Provides information how to file a small claim in municipal court.
- Cleveland Municipal Court Small Claims Division Contact and location information for small claims actions.
- Cleveland Heights Small Claims Court Guide | Forms [PDF] Introduction to the small claims process.
- Delaware Municipal Court Guide Contains section on the Small Claims Division or Forcible Entry and Detainer Division of the court and includes forms.
- Marietta Municipal Court Small Claims Information Describes procedures and collections for small claims, filing fees, who may sue and be sued, and how to begin proceedings.
- Medina Municipal Court Step by step overview of small claims court.
- Shaker Heights Municipal Court Handles small claims matters for Shaker Heights, Beachwood, Pepper Pike, Hunting Valley and University Heights
Last updated on 07/09/07